We want to enable more residents to buy their first home and raise their families in Watonga, sowing the seeds of strength, independence, and generational wealth. Together we can transform the lives of current and future generations!
The Fuller Center for Housing is a one-stop source for any organization looking to make a difference. Everything necessary to start a successful local program is right here. We encourage faith-based organizations to seriously consider partnering with Fuller Center!
TEACH individuals and families about:
* home ownership and rising out of poverty
* saving, spending less, and sticking to a budget
* avoiding predatory lenders, pay day loans, other high interest loan offers
* mortgages, closing documents, insurance, utilities
* estate planning (wills), building equity
* owning and maintaining a safe starter home
* being a good neighbor
ACQUIRE residential properties:
* new construction or renovation
* prep for future homeowners
CREATE an ownership opportunity:
* identify qualifying residents ready to make a commitment to work, serve, save, and ultimately buy their first home
* Financial Planners: develop, deliver, mentor and maintain in-person, online and self-paced training
* Realtors, Engineers, Architects: evaluate potential starter home locations, determine cost of construction / renovation
* Skilled Craftspeople: contractors for construction and renovation of residential property
* Donors: properties, equipment, supplies, funding
* Lenders: carriers for first mortgages. This isn't limited to JUST banks; anyone can be a lender!
* Volunteers: willing to learn new skills and help build starter homes for fellow area residents
* Fundraising: raising awareness, presence at town events, hold local meetings, coordinate with local media